Monday, December 20, 2010

Move it to lose it - 12 Week Challenge

Move it to lose it - 12 Week Challenge

I have a confession to make - I am overweight. Yes I know I just had a baby a little over 7 weeks ago, but that doesn't change the fact that I need to lose some weight. I managed to put on 19 kilograms while pregnant with Grace and so far I have lost just over 14 over those kilograms. That means that I am just 5 kilograms off of my pre-pregnancy weight. The only problem is that I was also overweight before I got pregnant, so I have even more to lose.

Now you might be thinking that the week of Christmas might be a strange time to start a new health regime, but I am sick and tired of making excuses for myself. Christmas is only one day and sure I will enjoy myself that day - but the rest of the week I can start to get my body back into shape! So today I start my "Move it to lose it" 12 week challenge where I aim to make over my lifestyle by eating well, having good portion control and getting a healthy dosage of exercise each week. Hopefully by the end of it I will have lost some weight, but even more importantly I want to look and feel great.

So here are my beginning statistics:

Weight: 75.2 kgs
Bust: 102 cm
Chest: 87 cm
Waist: 89 cm
Hips: 106 cm
Thighs: 58.5 cm
Calves: 38 cm
Upper arm: 28.5 cm
Forearm: 26 cm

Join me if you want - otherwise you can read about my 12 week challenge here on my blog. I'll provide an update every Monday that will detail my new statistics and how the week went (all the gory details of the blood, sweat and tears).

Maybe at the end of it I will even provide a before and after shot - if you are lucky ;)

4 comments:

Kat said...

Goodluck with your 12 week challenge! I agree with you on the whole Christmas thing. Its just one day! If you are healthy all week you can afford to treat yourself a little on Christmas just don't go too crazy. I am sure you will do great!

Connie said...

I admire you for getting started, I'm waiting till after giving birth, and I know it will be hard, I have never been good at keeping a diet. I'm looking forward to following you, and hopefully be inspired:)

Levin said...

your statistics look beautiful to me ;-)
i am going to start in the new year - but i've decided that I'm also not going to go silly over the next week because i'm starting a diet later.
i look forward to seeing how you go - determination is 90% of the solution and you sound like you have it :)
l
x

All That's Left Are The Crumbs said...

Wishing you the best. It is funny you should post this because I was just saying to myself that it is time to get myself back to the gym. I guess it will be a New Years Resolution again.