Monday, January 26, 2009

Baking Mondays - Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

I've decided to add one more weekly regular to my blog - Baking Mondays! I'll choose something different to bake each Monday and post up what I baked, a photo of it and what I and others thought of the baked goods.

So this week I baked these little devils...


I used the recipe from exclusively food - but made 1.5 times the mixture and made cupcakes instead of one big cake. The mix made 18 cupcakes. I also made double the frosting mixture, but used about 2/3 of the icing sugar suggested and added more lemon juice instead.

The result? Very yummy! These cakes were nice, moist, and not too sweet. The frosting was very nice also, very light and tangy. In fact Mat tried one and loved it, my mum thought they were great, and both Zoe and Harry the cat were giving the cupcakes a good stare up. I would say these cupcakes were a definite success.

Before I sign off - Happy Australia Day to all! Hope everyone had a fantastic day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you please tell me how long you cooked them for?