Sunday, September 28, 2008

Slack!!!

I have been incredibly slack for a month now - no posts at all!!! The tiredness and exhaustion is really settling in from the pregnancy, and each night when I used to post I am just too tired to even turn on my laptop. I will be 37 weeks tomorrow, so it isn't long now until I get to meet my little baby girl. I think it is safe to say that I am incredibly excited and getting ever so slightly impatient. Everything is ready - now we just need the baby, the countdown is on.

And with that been said I think it is time to post up some more recipes...

Lamb Chops with Tomato Sauce Served on Polenta
Serves 4

1 tbs olive oil
4 lamb forequarter chops
1 brown onion, finely chopped
400g tin diced tomatoes
1/2 tsp caster sugar
2 cups chicken stock
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup instant polenta
60g butter

Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until soft. Add the tomato and sugar and bring to a simmer. Cook for 8 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Season to taste. Meanwhile heat a frying pan over medium-high heat add the lamb and cook for 3-5 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.

Bring the stock and water to the boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium, add the polenta and stir until combined. Cook, stirring for 4 minutes. Stir in the butter and season to taste.

Finally divide the polenta among the serving plates, top with the lamb chops and the tomato sauce.

No comments: